Sunday, August 19, 2012

Long Overdue Progress Update

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been working on learning how to use Scaleform to make a custom HUD and menu system for our class project in UDK.

As of now I have a skeleton menu which will have a graphical improvement when we have our User Interface(UI) class. You can change pages on the menu, adjust the resolution, volume, and toggle fullscreen of the game. I still need to implement the ability to set custom keys for the different attacks/buffs that the character has. I am also working on writing up a tutorial for class about how to use Scaleform, and how to make it so our menu comes up by default instead of the UDK default menu. Once I get it completed I'll try and upload a video of it.

I've also been working on some particle systems to use in our game. Here are clips of them:
  • Possibly the Mouse Cursor, or plant effect - slow version:
  • Same as above, faster version:

  • Some falling debris:

  • A poof of dust, for when the character hits the ground after a long fall, or when the largest enemy steps:



  • An alternate of the one above, with a lot fewer particles:



  • Last, we have a particle system for when an enemy gets hit(The enemies are rock-like.):



Well, that is what I've been working on the past couple months in school. I hope to have the menu functionality completed in the next two weeks. I'll try and keep the blog updated as I make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment