Monday, January 6, 2014

And Now We're Back From Our Intermission!

Hey guys!

Sorry it's been so long, life has been hectic! Thankfully, my life has mellowed out a lot now, so I can get back on a regular updating schedule.

In the spare time I have had I've been dividing my time between working on that commerce game I mentioned in my last post, and helping a buddy with a game he's working on.

The premise of the trading game is you are the captain of a merchant ship. You can find more information here. You start off with a set amount of gold and you buy your first cargo with it. You then have a set amount of  'days' to go to different ports to try and make the greatest profit in that time. Each port, except the starting one will have randomized prices and quantities so each playthrough will be different. I've made some pretty good progress so far. I have the core system down for determining the value and quantity of the various goods, and I've almost finished up the information system in the game. This will allow you to get information on the different ports ahead of time, to help you plan. I still need to implement the actual buying and selling of goods though.

I've made a very simplistic mock up to give a representation of the game. To exit the trade and information windows just click them.


That's all I have for now. Once I get things a bit more organized I'll put up some interesting code bits, images, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment