Friday, April 11, 2014

Some Completed Projects Part 1/3 - Meal Generator

Hello everyone!

This post is the first of three presenting information on a couple of projects I've completed in the last two weeks.

Last week I finished up the meal generator I was talking about in this post.  You can download it here. Just unzip it and double click the MealGenerator.application.



It works pretty well, though after using it a bit I thought of some stuff that would make it more complete. Some things I would like to add:

  • Having the list 'print' to a rich text box that would allow the user to edit the list, or add stuff before it actually gets printed. 
  • A section for additional items that you need to get, since some things don't need to be bought every time(Bottle of Ketchup, Box of Rice, etc...). You would just put those down in this additional list if you knew you need to buy those items this trip.
  • Have all the windows display at the same place over the main window.
  • Add another list of sides
  • Better search functionality, so if there are several things that share the same name/type you can search through them. Currently it just selects the first one that meets the criteria.
  • Additional options for quantity on ingredients, i.e. 1/2 Cup
If I decide to do another version I'll add these features, but that will be much later.

No comments:

Post a Comment