Tuesday, April 30, 2013

First Official Release! - SMDP

Hey guys!

I'm excited to announce we have published our first game, Super Monster Dance Party! It is on the Google Play store, just search Super Monster Dance Party and it should be the only one(See the logo below for comparison) Sadly it is only available on Android for now. If we get enough sales to cover the development fee to publish on the Apple Store then we will probably release on IOS as well. It's only $1, so why not give it a shot?


Overall I'm really impressed with our game and our team. Sure the game needs a lot of polishing and possibly a stricter hand at keeping within the art style, but for our first completed game it is relatively bug free!

Our team consisted of:
Producer: Dave Troyer
Creative Director: David Fuson
Lead Programmer: Jacob Vermillion
Featured Music: DJ SynthR (Matthew Le Blanc)
Secondary Music and Effects: Dan Langford
Additional Art: Dave Troyer, Ben Mjelde

I do have to make an apology to Dan Langford; your song wasn't used as much as originally intended because I was trouble shooting a last minute sound bug and missed two places where your song should have been called. If we do an update(Which we probably will) your music will be implemented as originally intended.

Other than that, the only bugs I know of(game not being centered and music restarting after the game is paused) both are hardware issues, and out of my direct control. I hope these don't interfere with the players' experiences too much.

I have to give a big thank you to Dave Troyer for staying up with me till the wee hours of the morning while we were trying to figure out how to digitally sign our app so we could publish it to Google Play. Finally hit the  sack at around 1:40 this morning!

Remember! Check out the Facebook and Twitter pages to keep up to date with what's going on:

Pixel Jargon: Facebook Twitter
SMDP: Facebook Twitter

Happy Gaming!

2 comments:

  1. No worries, my good sir! Some times ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, it was worth it I think. Even with the bugs that popped up, I'm glad we finally got one out there!

    ReplyDelete