Sunday, January 20, 2013

Yet Another Menu Update

Hey guys,

Just a quick update, I converted all of my functions for my GenericUpgradeScreen to use the .SetText() and .GotoAndStopI() features I talked about in my last post. I've got to say, that cleared up a bunch of my code! I now have about half, maybe less, of what I had before and it works a little better I think.

Since that was all I had to say about my progress I might as well say something about a website my roommate found. It's called Challenge Accepted and it is pretty cool. It is a task management system that combines the joy of leveling up in video games with the activities of real life. You create quests for yourself that have different tasks in them. As you complete the tasks you check it off and get experience for it. Once you've completed enough tasks/quests/odysseys you'll level up. The quests can be anything you want, from get homework done to take over the world. It's still in the development stages, but it's pretty neat. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Challenge Accepted seems pretty cool!
    Oh and keep up the good work on the menu stuff!

    ReplyDelete