Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Troubles With A Custom Input

Since the Scaleform stuff for N'Ferno isn't due for a couple months I decided to try and figure out how to use a custom input ini in UDK. This would allow me to use a different file for holding what keys do what, for each project. That way I don't have to manually change the DefaultInput.ini every time I wanted to work on a different project. This involved creating a new Input class, referencing it in the PlayerController default properties, then setting up a default input .ini with the new keybinds.

Once I got all of those set up I went to test it, and I couldn't turn with the mouse. All of the other custom keybinds worked perfectly. I could click with the mouse, just not move the camera around. I spent a couple days just trying different combinations of code in the .ini itself, to no avail. If anyone has any idea how mouse movement is handled in Unrealscript let me know. I could hardly find anything on using custom inputs besides changing the bindings in the DefaulInput.ini.

On another note, I started retrofitting the upgrade screen a while ago to work with N'Ferno and realized that I'm going to have to redo a lot of the structure. I decided to do this since N'Ferno won't need that robust of an upgrade system, and I can also trim it down some so the file size is smaller. It shouldn't take me very long to get that put back together nicely.

Well, that's all for now. Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment