Thursday, September 20, 2012

Scaleform Menu Tutorial

I thought I would put up a Scaleform tutorial I made for a class last quarter on creating a main menu. As far as I can tell it is complete and works. If you find any inconsistencies or errors let me know and I'll try and figure out where I went wrong.

The tutorial has two parts. The first one goes over creating a basic SWF and how to make it show up in UDK. The second part goes over how creating a menu. The menu will have an options page with adjustable volume(Master, Music, and Sound FX), resolution, fullscreen, and key binds(setting which buttons do which actions). The last part of the tutorial goes over how to make your map the default map when you package the game.

Anyway, here it is: Scaleform Menu Tutorial

*Note: I have not had any extensive experience with Unrealscript, or even Actionscript, so there may be ways to optimize the code.

I may make a new tutorial once we get done with our UI class, but that will be a few months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment