Monday, October 29, 2012

More Updates - Paper Samurai, Nordic Sol, Iguana X

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long. Been working on quite a bit of stuff the past week and haven't had a chance to post any progress.

Paper Samurai:
First off, on Paper Samurai I finished off the combat system, got the enemy AI in the ballpark of what we wanted, and placed all the art assets I could into the level. We have some nice graphics from Joe Matison. He gave me the progress bar, slider, countdown text, and some placeholder characters to use until we get animations for the characters. 

Here is the end of the countdown, right before the action starts:

Here are some slashes when the characters meet:


 And finally, here is the conclusion...I lost...


As you can see, we still need some back/foreground assets so we can get rid of my horrendous ground placeholder. The characters are kind of blurry since I had to scale them down. I'll have to talk to the art team to figure out if we want them bigger on the screen, or leave them this small. Either way the art team will have to create the assets at the proper size so they can be crisp.

Nordic Sol:
Over the past couple weeks I've been working on the conversation system, and earlier this week David Fuson gave me some conversations to put in. I've completed the first conversation, a sort of introduction to the tutorial. I added little character portraits t the conversation window to keep track of who's talking. Ryan Hess also got the background put in, and they look great. We still need to get Mauritz(the main character) in and animated, as well as update all the graphics to the pixelated ones.We'll be having a meeting tomorrow where we'll get as many of the assets in as we can, as well as anything else that needs to be done.


Iguana X:
I've been slacking on working on this, but I got a cardboard box done. I'm pretty happy with the texture, though the corrugations are a little more apparent than I would like. There is also some weirdness on the top of the box where a seem is pretty obvious. Anyway, here it is:
Now I'll probably start working on redoing my magazines I made, I'm just not satisfied with them. After that I plan on texturing the magazines as well as texturing the boy's room.

Well, that's all for now! Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment